PAIN & MEDICAL MARIJUANA
“No Pain, no gain, is bullshit” Dr. Eddie O’Connor
The feeling of physical pain – is a perception created in the brain – in response to nerves centers that detect damage to the body of some sort. Pain’s function is to protect the part that is injured. Pain = no go. No pain = go.
- “Trousers can never be too tight. You have to go through a couple of days of pain, then everything stretches out.” Noel Fielding, Actor
Pain is normally a temporary condition that lasts until the damaged tissue or body part has healed. However, in chronic cases, such as inflammation of arthritis or in a serious disease like cancer, nerves in the affected areas can produce obnoxious pain continuously.
- “One of the principle qualities of pain is that it demands an explanation.” Anne Carson
The sensation of pain can be magnified by a dysfunctioning nervous system. For reasons yet to be fully understood, ghost signals – from now non nonexisting nerves of amputated limbs – can cause REAL pain, pain that wakes sufferers up at night screaming. Other conditions cause nerves to magnify signals to blast out pain at the slightest touch.
- “Pain is an opinion” Dr Ramachandran, Neurologist
Marijuana as a Painkiller
Physicians commonly prescribe opioids and anti-inflammatory drugs, but the current trend is toward safer Cannabis based medicines, as patients and doctors alike are now finding. MMJ as effective or more effective, without the serious side effects and addictive nature of pharmaceutical drugs.
- “People with chronic pain are more likely than others to receive prescriptions for opioids, the risk of developing a painkiller addiction depends on more than just prolonged exposure to these drugs.” Harvard Medical School Report
Medical Marijuana is now commonly indicated for:
- Bones, fractures, other physical trauma
- Nervous system, feelings; pins and needles, burning, stabbing, tingling
- Adjunct therapy for cancer or other very painful conditions
- Inflammation, old injuries, arthritis, and phantom pain
How Medical Marijuana Works
There are a lot of people in terrible pain that still have no clue about Medical Marijuana; that it is a very viable option and quite possibly the best option – or that Cannabis based medicine have significant antibiotic and regenerating properties – that help treat the root cause of the pain itself.
Medical Marijuana contains literally hundreds of compounds of medical interest. Researchers discovered that Marijuana compounds called Cannabinoids react with nerve receptors – to dial down pain. Infact, doctors discovered that the body’s own neurochemicals work in the same way to modulate pain as Cannabis does. In-effect, Medical Marijuana is an organic therapy that treats pain at the root.
The Journal of Bone and Mineral Research published a study on MMJ and Fractures, finding that broken bones healed faster and stronger, with less pain – with treatment using the non-psychoactive Medical Cannabis component CBD. Recent animal experiment find that CBD (cannabidiol) helps regenerated nerve cells and systematic function in mice as well.
In a recent animal experiment, CBD (cannabidiol) was found to regenerate nerve cells and systematic function in mice.
Medical Doctor Testimonials – Medical Marijuana and Pain
- “We found that CBD alone makes bones stronger during healing, enhancing the maturation of the collagenous matrix, which provides the basis for new mineralization of bone tissue, after being treated with CBD, the healed bone will be harder to break in the future.” Dr. Yankel Gabet
- “We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that.” Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN
- “Cannabis whole plant medicines provide greater relief of pain than the equivalent amount synthetic Marijuana derivatives.” Dr. J. Oxfeld
- “Patients with MS who smoke Marijuana reported relief of spasm and pain after the second or third puff of a cannabis cigarette. This implies very rapid transit to, and absorption into the central nervous system. The time involved is seconds rather than minutes.” Brian A. Whittle, PhD
MMJ DOCTOR: We will be glad to answer any questions relating to your symptoms and conditions. Our doctors are providing patients with Cannabis care 7 days a week from 11 am to 7 pm. Schedule your appointment online here to see if Medical Marijuana is a good option for You! Our medical marijuana cards are accepted by any dispensary, MMJ clinic or club in the State of California.
Further Reading – Marijuana and Pain