POOR APPETITE & MEDICAL MARIJUANA
In essence, lack of appetite is a symptom of internal warfare.
“Trust in yourself, your ability, and your struggles, but not in your appetite.”
Normally, a lack of appetite is transient feeling, a simple message from the body saying – it a bad idea to eat right now. For example, prior to competition, the body rightfully curbs appetite so maximum energy is available to survive and execute the task at hand. In the case of common food poisoning, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting is the body’s way to fight by removing food from the system, and starving out invading bacteria.
- “Never, never underestimate the power of desire. If you want to live badly enough, you can live. The great question, at least for me, was: How do I decide I want to live?” Marya Hornbacher, Anorexic
A chronic lack of appetite usually reflects poor health or sickness.
Conditions that cause appetite loss include digestive dysfunction, blockage of the digestive tract, chemo, infection, ulcers as well as acute stress and anxiety.
A chronically poor appetite often leads to a great assortment of issues including:
- malnutrition – weight loss
- weak immune system
- slow wound healing
- muscle weakness and atrophy
- kidney disfunction
- low body temperature
- menstruation issues
- hair loss
- nervous disorders – emotional fragility
Medical Marijuana Stimulates Appetite
By now there are more than 28,000 research reports worldwide that attest to the benefits of Cannabis based medicines. About thirty years ago it was discovered that receptors in the brain that control hunger were pushed into by Marijuana.
Strangely enough, MMJ is indicated to combat both Anorexia and Obesity, as Marijuana tends to balance obsessive behavior and normalize hunger signals, which lie at the heart of eating disorders.
Medical Cannabis contains high concentrations of therapeutic compounds called Cannabinoids. A Cannabinoid called THC is effective in improving appetite, treating nausea and helping anorexics with their manic obsessions. THC works its wonders in two ways; by normalizing body receptors that control the release of appetite promoting hormones – and by jump starting the cells engine – the mitochondria to demand nutrition.
- “The reason we’re so dangerous is because we’re totally harmless.” Cheech and Chong
DOCTOR TESTIMONIALS – APPETITE & MMJ
- “Rates of obesity are lower by roughly a third in people who smoke pot at least three times a week, compared with those who don’t use marijuana at all.” American Journal of Epidemiology
- “We recommend Medical Marijuana to patients with wasting associated with serious disease. Those that cannot tolerate THC, then we indicate CBD.” Dr. W. Rivers
- “CBD stimulates appetite.” National Cancer Institute
MMJ DOCTOR: MMJ Doctor offers Exceptional Medical Marijuana (medical cannabis) Evaluations. Our mission is to ensure everyone can be evaluated to see if medical cannabis is something that can benefit them with their medical conditions. Our California licensed doctors will never turn away anyone who needs an evaluation for medical marijuana. Schedule your online appointment here.
FURTHER READING – APPETITE & MEDICAL MARIJUANA
MARIJUANA BATTLES THE HORRORS OF CHEMO – RECOMMENDED