While it is clearly evident that it is a potent anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, and a natural aphrodisiac, some people are skeptical about using it. Medical Cannabis has many benefits, and those benefits make it a perfect choice for some people to prefer it to pharmaceutical drugs.
Get your MMJ card today to enjoy the benefits of Medical Cannabis by clicking the button below!
We have gathered opinions of some of the most experienced and knowledgeable people from various fields to share the reasons for using Medical Cannabis, and this is what they have to say:
You are welcome to share your use of medical marijuana to manage different conditions with us. Do share the above inspiring healing journeys of other people with your family and friends. We believe learn from each other and the more you learn, the more you will have to impart on other people.
Book an Appointment today by clicking the banner below!
1. Much healthier than any other substitutes or alternatives: You’ll be hard-pressed to find a healthier substitute for cannabis no matter which modality you are treating.
2. Sleep like you’re a kid again: As we grow older, we deal with more and more things in our lives that keep us up at night. Using Cannabis can change that.
3. Anxiety relief: Most Americans suffer from some form of anxiety, and synthetic pharma products are extremely nasty and addictive. Why not use an all-natural plant to curb your anxiety.
4. Open up your mind: The most amazing creativity and focus can come from utilizing different strains of cannabis.
5. Keeping your body in homeostasis: You are born with an endocannabinoid system in your body. It needs cannabinoids to help maintain a neutral state known as homeostasis. Cannabis has more than enough cannabinoids to help your body stay healthy and regulated.
What are the five most compelling reasons to start using medical marijuana? There are so many to choose from!!!
1. Low THC, high-CBD: One of the biggest attractions is the low-THC, high-CBD strains. These amazing cultivars have opened the door to huge numbers of patients, delivering effective medicine without the strong, psychotropic effects. This is great news for the elderly, for young children.
2. Non-addictive: For those who simply don’t want to get high every time they medicate, which reminds of two other very good reasons: addiction and overdose.
3. Anti-inflammatory properties: If you’re an American with chronic pain, I can almost guarantee you’ll have been prescribed something like Vicodin or Oxycontin, and this especially true if you’re a veteran. These products are highly addictive, and overdose is all too common. A good, strong, indica-dominant flower can treat pain without these unwanted side-effects, making cannabis a safe, effective, and far less destructive alternative.
4. Acceptance: The more people who use medical marijuana, the more popular it will become. More and more people will realize the benefits, more governments will take notice, more research will be done, and more advancements will be made. Let’s keep the snowball rolling!
5. Medical Marijuana is fun: Get the right strain with the right balance of cannabinoids for you, and there is no better way to relax. Cannabis can give you the giggles, it can expand your mind, it can make you energized, euphoric, and creative, but what it does best is chill you out. Lowering stress means longer, happier, and more productive lives. This is why I love medical marijuana. It works for me, and I am sure it can work for you, too.
Heiko Hampsink (Strain Hunters)
1) Human body is wired to cannabis: The endocannabinoid system has been found to be pervasive in mammalian species. That means that all humans and many animal species have an endocannabinoid system. The natural chemicals produced by the body that interact within the Endocannabinoid system are called Endocannabinoids or endogenous cannabinoids, they are molecules made by your body, and like THC, they interact with receptors to regulate many important functions of your body, including how a person feels, moves, and reacts. They’re similar to Phyto cannabinoids, but they’re produced by your body.
2) Non-toxic properties: Medicinal Cannabis has no proven toxicity, meaning you cannot overdose, and no one has died from using too much cannabis, making it a safe alternative to synthesized chemical medications that usually have a high toxicity.
3) Medicinal properties: It has been proven that medicinal cannabis has the potential to treat many diseases, no other naturally occurring plant has had so much success in pre-clinical studies.
4) Fewer side-effects: Medicinal Cannabis has very few negative side-effects. Unlike other medicines, cannabis has far fewer negative side effects on your health.
5) Ancient alternative medicine: Medicinal Cannabis is one of the oldest medicines known to man. It has been used in ancient China as a medicine more than 10,000 years ago. The plant was made illegal for political and racially motivated reasons; the potential of its therapeutic use has been widely covered up in recent history, as it has the potential to replace many other less effective medications.
Marcus Richardson (Bubble Man)
1) To saturate and feed your endocannabinoid system: Many people in today’s day and age are endocannabinoid deficient. We don’t need to wait till be sick to take cannabinoids. they are also preventative as much as they are medicinal.
2) Reduce inflammation: The majority of our pain comes from inflammation. Cannabinoids have an uncanny ability to reduce inflammation, which reduces pain drastically.
3) Shrink cancer: With the amazing work that Dr. Christina Sanchez and Dr. Guzman have done in Madrid at the university. We now know without a doubt that apoptosis occurs in cancers in the human body when THC and CBD are consumed. This should be shouted from the rooftops.
4) Reduce seizures: Its incredible effective to reduce and almost nullify seizures and shaking in epileptic, MS and even other sickness that involve shaking and tremors.
5) Increase appetite: the standpoint of taking medication that causes wasting syndrome never before have we seen a more powerful medicine to increase and regulate appetite.
For me, attempting to choose the 5 most compelling reasons to use medical cannabis verges the impossible. Since the discovery of the ECS, we now know there is almost no physiological system in which endocannabinoids do not play a part, and modulating endocannabinoid system activity may have therapeutic potential in nearly all diseases affecting humans.
Global research has already demonstrated either clear scientific findings or a high amount of compelling evidence that various cannabinoids have a beneficial impact on.
1) Neurodegenerative disorders.
2) Immune system homeostasis.
4) Certain cancers, the side effects of cancer treatments,
5) Cardiovascular system, liver, gastrointestinal, skin diseases,
6) Pain, psychiatric disorders, cachexia, nausea and vomiting, and too many others to name.
The fact that the Phyto cannabinoids found in cannabis mimic the endocannabinoids produced in our own body, such as anandamide and 2-AG, for example, as well as the lack of known serious side effects, should be seen as a staunch indicator for both the viability and value of medicinal cannabis.
In my 30 years of activism to legalize cannabis use; I have seen these sufferers see a dramatic improvement in their lives from cannabis oil or flower consumption;
1) Women with Multiple Sclerosis (MS): Improvement in motor function, eyesight, and improvement in mood;
2) Crohn’s Disease: Radically reduces bowel inflammation and pain,
3) Cancer Cure: 65 grams of pure full-spectrum cannabis oil administered over 72 days. Combined with chemotherapy, survival rates are three times that of just chemotherapy.
4) Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease: By attacking the plaque in the brain that causes dementia and memory loss.
5) Prevents strokes: By breaking down stroke-causing plaque in the blood.
Dr. Michele Ross
The five biggest reasons to use medical cannabis is;
- 1. Natural pain relief without addiction or overdose
- 2. Stress management
- 3. Headache relief
- 4. Menstrual pain relief
- 5. Exercise recovery
I believe most American’s have an endocannabinoid deficiency that cannabis can restore, reducing the pain and inflammation we all have.
I use cannabis for severe fibromyalgia pain, muscle spasms, and insomnia, and found that cannabis tinctures, vapes, topicals, and gummies have worked better than any of the prescriptions I was previously on. I can now work full-time and even travel whereas before I was bedridden and filing for disability.
Allison Krongard (Her Highness)
1. My mental state: Cannabis elevates my mood. Every time. It’s a lovely way to end the day.
2. My knees and joints: I’ve been playing tennis my whole adult life. Cannabis helps tremendously with muscle and joint recovery.
3. My face: CBD oil is the best anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory moisturizer I’ve ever used.
4. Menstrual pain: Better than Advil on cramps with the added benefit of enjoying the high. Pro tip: Have a joint and a glass of red wine together if it’s really bad.
5. Sex: Cannabis makes sex better. Either smoked, vaped, used as a topical, tincture, or edible. You just need to take my word for it and try it for yourself.
1. Fewer side-effects: I think the most compelling reason to use medical cannabis is that it works, followed closely by the second reason which is few side effects with an overall excellent safety profile.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties: No other anti-inflammatory/analgesic drugs can claim this.
3. Diabetes: I use it personally for treating multiple complications of Diabetes.
4. Nausea and depression: I would need a cocktail to treat nausea and pain not to mention depression.
5. All for one and one for all: Cannabis takes care of it all.
1. Anti-inflammatory properties: When conventional treatments do not work or stop working. This is often the most compelling reason for a non-cannabis consumer to begin cannabinoid treatment. Pain is the number one reason that compels patients to try cannabis.
2. Reduces side-effects: When diagnosed with a serious or terminal condition, I have experienced this first hand with family members as well as friends. Cannabis is added as a way to offset invasive treatments or side effects of heavy drugs such as chemotherapy.
3. Accessibility has increased: Availability of cannabis-specific clinics has risen; doctors are more informed about cannabis and comfortable with prescribing. Patients are more likely to advocate for cannabis use in their docs.
4. Great for elders: With increased awareness and education, there is more information than ever about the medical benefits of cannabis. Specific demographics such as seniors are seeing a big rise in cannabis consumption.
5. Societal acceptance: Cannabis stigma is lifting (though not gone) people are not afraid to talk about cannabis or try it now that it is recreationally legal in Canada. Although it has been medically legal since 2001, recreational cannabis has put a spotlight on the plant and its benefits.
I am a long-time cannabis consumer, 25 years, off and on. What I thought was recreational use, was simply a form of self-medicating. I have trouble sleeping and my main use is to help relax and quiet my mind before bed. Cannabis also helps me with pain relief. I don’t have a chronic pain condition, but I have used it after surgery for recovery, after sports recovery, when I get a headache, menstrual cramps, or when my kids get on my last nerve! I know when I hit menopause (which isn’t that far away sigh!) it will be one of the first tools I will employ to help with symptoms.
I have formulated cannabis-infused products from suppositories to gummies to oils for friends and family over the past 8 years and those experiences of seeing what this plant could do, encouraged me to get more involved in the industry. For patients with endometriosis, cancer, chronic pain, sleep disorders, mood disorders, GI disorders; there are many benefits to help relieve symptoms. That said, it doesn’t work for everyone, I have seen plenty of that as well. For those it does help, it often changes lives or simply makes the act of leaving the world much more comfortable.
1. Anxiety: The global pandemic has certainly increased our global anxiety. Combining medical cannabis that features more relaxing terpenes, such as linalool and pinene, is my first reason consider the ancient plant.
2. Psychoactive benefits: In addition to anxiety from the pandemic, we are missing out on the psychoactive benefits of hugging and laughing with other humans. A hug is psychoactive and so is CBD! My second reason for considering medical cannabis is once again about the plant’s anti-anxiety benefits.
3. Great for gut: Did you know that the gut is referred to as the second brain? And, that medical cannabis has been helpful for individuals with gastrointestinal issues including IBS, IBD, and ulcerative colitis. In fact, the cannabinoids in cannabis appear to play a role in healing leaky gut.
4. Treats insomnia: Trouble falling asleep and sometimes staying asleep, collectively known as insomnia, are major problems. It’s impossible to concentrate and stay focused the next day. Productivity tanks and depression can rear its ugly head. My fourth reason to consider medical cannabis is to deal with insomnia.
5. Overall wellness: Though I considered mentioning pain, let’s talk about overall wellness. Micro dosing psychotropics, such as medical marijuana or hemp-derived CBD, or other compounds, can be a great way to achieve homeostasis and overall wellness.
1. Self-empowerment: The liberty to provide for yourself and your family. Not dependent on pharma or big business to supply.
2. Convenience: Having a Medical prescription Affords you the ability to grow your own medicine at a fraction of the price.
3. Effectiveness: Choosing medical cannabis allows you to get a product that is (for the most part) high quality and clean.
4. All in one medicine: Rather than having a plethora of medications I just take one. Works for anxiety, depression, pain, and much more.
5. Your body deserves it: Cannabis is more than medicine it’s a vitamin and nutrient for your body. Your body has a system designed to receive cannabinoids. Feed it. Enjoy it. And live better.