The Popularity of marijuana or cannabis has increased in the last years a lot. Cannabis earlier was demonized and even a taboo for most of the world. Now, its benefits are widely known and many people are deciding to grow this plant. It has many health benefits, it reliefs pain and helps against multiple sclerosis, nausea, epilepsy, concussion, Alzheimer’s, bipolar disorder, and many other illnesses (complete list of medical conditions you can find ). Its legalization has taken hold and now you can grow cannabis in your home and it is simpler than ever.
How to apply for cannabis growers permit? – Click the button below to get your MMJ card to meet the eligibility requirement!
4 Steps to Grow Medical Marijuana at Home
Here are 4 steps that will guide you on your journey to grow your medical marijuana at home.
- Obtain a growing medical marijuana license – it is very important and necessary to start. The first thing that you need to do is to inquire about the law in your very state – what do you need to get a license and how will you get it. In some states like California, you must get your medical marijuana growers to permit first to grow medical cannabis. You will get a medical marijuana grower`s permit which allows you to grow up to 99 plants for medical and recreational needs.
- Choose and order the right strain for your needs. There are many cannabis strains that will help in various situations and medical conditions. For example, the strains like Girl Scout Cookies are good pain relievers, while Sour Diesel is the best for its calming effect. Other is used for better sleep, energy boost anxiety relief, etc. There are also feminized seeds that will produce only female plants, auto-flowering seeds that will flower on their own, etc. There are three distinct types of marijuana leaves and they sit among three different categories; Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid. Make sure that you have chosen the right one – you can even talk to your strain seller – he/she will explain and help you to make the right decision in this case. Cannabis types can vary.
- Inform about ways of growing marijuana – There are several ways to grow marijuana:
- Hydroponic growing is growing a plant in the solution of water and nutrients and it is not the right way for beginners – it requests more effort and maybe more difficult sometimes. It searches your knowledge and information about it, so you might consider it when you become a little more experienced in this field.
- Aeroponic growing means that plant’s roots are suspended in the air in the grow chamber in a closed-loop system. Water-rich in nutrients will be sprayed on the roots while they hang in the air. This is also one of the techniques for experienced growers.
- Aquaponic growing combines aquaculture with hydroponics. It actually creates a small ecosystem, where fish and plants both coexist together. You will input a bacterial colony which will make fish’s coproducts into nutrients for the plant – in this case for the marijuana.
- Traditional growth is definitely the best solution for beginners. It involves the traditional, regular growth as any other plant – you’ll just decide whether to grow it indoors or outdoors, depending on your conditions and possibilities.
- The right conditions must be provided for your plant, no matter which way you choose. At first, provide the appropriate place with enough light. You may also add LED light if you grow indoors since it will supply more light to the plants. Use the right size container for plants and take good care of temperature all of the time. Things that are highly important are also air circulation, trimming, and cropping, etc. Make sure that you are well-informed about every one of them.
In the beginning and throughout the growing process the most important thing to have is certainly patience. In order to become an experienced marijuana grower, you must be patient and learn from your own mistakes – this can often be a trial and error process so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get everything right on the first try.
Click the button below to get your Medical Marijuana card today!
Any patient in California can be evaluated by a doctor to see if Medical Marijuana is the right option for you. In case if the doctor approves your medical marijuana card you will be able to buy medical cannabis in any licensed medical marijuana dispensary in California but if you decide to grow your own marijuana ask our doctors how.