Accepted documents as ID for MMJ Card in NY
If you realize that your health condition requires a medical marijuana treatment, you are looking for an opportunity to consume medical cannabis legally. With MMJ Doctor, it is easy to find the most optimal mmj solution for your state of health.
Taking simple steps with our service, you will receive your medical marijuana card without any problems. The essential requirement for you is to prove that you are a resident of New York.
To become a legal medical marijuana patient, you need to provide one of the following document:
- Valid New York State ID Card or NYS Driver’s License ID number;
- Valid Passport or Out of State ID with proof of New York residency (utility bill, lease, car or voter registration);
- Valid Passport or Out of State ID with temporary DMV form;
- Expired New York ID with temporary DMV form;
- Valid Government-issued ID;
- Valid Resident Card for NYS;
- Temporary DMV form with any photo ID;
- Military Card with proof of residency.
Birth Certificates are not accepted.
Any alternative IDs to the above-mentioned list must be Government issued.
To become a medical marijuana patient in the state of New York, you have to be its resident. Non-residents applying for a marijuana card online or in-person please call us (888) 578-6704.
HOW TO BECOME A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT IN NEW YORK
- To become a medical marijuana patient in the state of NY, you must have a valid NY ID as proof of residency. Otherwise, a passport or other photo ids, such as bank statement, utility bill, or rental agreement are acceptable;
- It is recommended (but not required) to have medical records from the primary care physician or a referral letter for medical marijuana treatment;
- To speak to a marijuana doctor via telehealth, please click here;
- Get your medical marijuana recommendation from a licensed MMJ Doctor and become a legal medical marijuana patient in New York;
- Purchase from any marijuana dispensary in NY state legally.