Patients who use medical marijuana on a semi-regular or regular basis know about the various methods of ingesting this product, which include:
Consume marijuana edibles legally in your state. Click the button below to get your medical marijuana card.
Another method of using marijuana is drinking marijuana tea. Marijuana tea is a healthier, more gentle alternative to using this product than smoking it. Marijuana tea is becoming a popular choice for people who want a convenient alternative for their consumption methods. Drinking marijuana tea also avoids the risks associated with smoking, which can be helpful if you suffer from respiratory diseases or have an affliction of the throat or mouth.
Marijuana tea is not a new product. The process of making tea from the marijuana plant has been done throughout history. There are several cultures that harness the healing powers of cannabis through teas. In East Indian and Jamaican households, it is common to use marijuana tea as a home remedy for morning sickness or pregnancy-related stress.
Benefits of Marijuana Tea
A significant reason for the increasing popularity of marijuana tea is for its therapeutic benefits. Unlike smoking this product to receive a quick reaction, cannabis-infused teas provide you a longer build as the active ingredients have to be absorbed by your digestive tract.
The marijuana tea is made from the leaves of the plant, and not from the buds (unless you are seeking a stronger brew.) It will give you a milder effect and will not make you feel ‘stoned’ or ‘heavy’ that is associated with other ingestion methods. Marijuana tea has been said to make a person feel ‘renewed’ as it gives you a mild euphoria. The tea is an excellent alternative if you are looking to avoid feeling over-intoxicated.
When you set out to brew your tea from leaves or flowers of the marijuana plant, you need to ensure you purchase your product from a tested and verified organic source, such as MMJ Doctor. Medical marijuana patients with MMJ Doctor are given priority service, including delivery services. You can contact our specialists to find out about marijuana tea to buy.
Dosage Amounts of Marijuana Tea
All cannabis ingestion methods involve finding the right dosage amount for you. This process means doing a little trial and error to find the right amount for your system. It is always recommended to start small and build if you feel the dosage is not working.
If marijuana tea is your first exposure to the product, you should start with a very small amount until you are familiar with the associated side effects and sensations. The recommended dosage for a first time user is a half-cup per day.
If you are a regular or semi-regular user, you can begin with a standard dose or one-cup every twenty-four hours. If this amount does not give you the desired medical effect, you can increase the dosage to two-cups every twenty-four hours. It is recommended you split the dosage into twelve-hour intervals by taking half in the morning and the other half before bed.
How Much THC is in Marijuana Tea?
The amount of THC in a cup of marijuana tea will depend on the strain you use to make your home-brew. If you use a single gram of cannabis with approximately 10% THC, you will brew tea that contains about 100 mg of THC. The strength of your tea is going to depend on how long you steep it. The longer you steep your tea, the stronger it is going to become.
Effects to Expect from Marijuana Tea
If you are using marijuana tea when sick, you can expect it to take from thirty to ninety minutes before you feel the full impact. If you have a lower body mass or higher metabolism, you may feel the effects faster. If you have a denser body mass or slower metabolism, it may take you two hours to feel the effects.
The first time you try marijuana tea make sure you are in a safe, familiar environment for at least a couple of hours until you know how it is going to affect you. The effects of marijuana tea can last from four to eight hours. These long-lasting effects make marijuana tea beneficial for treating chronic conditions such as rheumatoid pain, nausea, and MS.
How to Make Cannabis Tea
If you are ready to make your own home-brew of marijuana tea, the easiest method is to simmer the buds, leaves or stems for about thirty minutes. You can add coconut oil or butter to the marijuana depending on how strong you want the tea and what the medicinal reason you are using it for.
Start a new healthy journey with Medical Cannabis treatment by clicking the button below!
If you use the buds, it will give you the strongest effects, if you the leaves, it will be much milder. Marijuana tea made from the stem is the weakest teas of all three. These are some marijuana tea recipes you easily make at home.
Marijuana Tea Recipes
- Marijuana Stem/Leaf Tea
Marijuana stem/leaf tea is mild tasting and has less intoxicating effects than those made from the buds. Simmer one to two grams of leaves or stems, or use a combination of both in one-and-half cups of water for half an hour. Strain the leaves/stems from the water and drink. This tea is perfect just before bedtime.
Marijuana Tea from Buds
Ingredients for marijuana tea from buds include:
- 1/2 grams of marijuana buds
- 1/2 teaspoon of unsalted, softened butter
- One-and-half cups of water
- You can use a flavored tea bag, such as mint which works very well
- You can also add sugar, honey, or milk to taste
- The utensils you will need include: stainless steel pot, spoon, and a strainer
Instructions for making the tea involve:
- Begin by grinding the buds and removing any stems or leaves, which you can set aside to make a separate tea later.
- Place the ground-up buds into a bowl, add the butter, and mix carefully. Using the back of the spoon works well for this as you want every piece of the buds coated with the butter.
- Add the water carefully to a pot on top of the stove and set heat to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer slowly and then carefully spoon the marijuana/butter mixture to the simmering water. Be sure to scrape the sides of the marijuana/butter mix bowl. Continue simmering the ‘brew’ for about thirty minutes, stirring it often.
- After the thirty minutes, remove the pot from the stove-top and allow the ‘brew’ to rest a minute, or until the bubbles stop breaking the surface. When it has cooled somewhat, slowly pour through a strainer and you have your own home-brewed marijuana tea.
- If the flavor is too strong, you can add a teabag of your choice to the pot as the ‘brew’ finishes its last three-to-five minutes of simmering.
Marijuana Tea Latte with Honey
The ingredients for this delicious brew include:
- 1 gram of marijuana strain
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 traditional flavored tea dip
- 2 teaspoons of honey
The instructions for making the brew include:
- Grind the marijuana with a grinding tool or knife. The buds should be cleaned of all stems and seeds, and make sure you have small crumbs rather than a powder.
- Combine marijuana with milk, butter, and vanilla in a blender. Blend the mixture until the surface has a smooth appearance. Let this mixture sit for about an hour so you attain a smoother melding.
- Put the water into a pan. Pour the marijuana/milk mixture into the water and allow the solution to simmer. Heat the mixture, but do not let it boil. Heat this mixture for thirty minutes, carefully monitoring it so it does not boil. You can add more water if necessary. You want to maintain the level of liquid in the pan.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add the tea dip. Allow the mixture to sit for three to five minutes.
- Pour mixture through a filter to capture any bud particles.
- If you want the brew to have a real latte feel, you can froth the milk or add whipped cream.
- Add honey to your required sweetness, stir, and enjoy.
Get healthy benefits of Medical Marijuana by clicking the button below!
Where to Learn More About the Benefits of Marijuana Tea
MMJ Doctor can help you with your medical marijuana evaluation to enable you to receive your medical marijuana card. Consultation with a licensed MD is available with verification by phone or online 24/7. If you’d like more information about getting your medical marijuana card or have questions about marijuana tea, contact one of our specialists.
Get in touch today to start your medical marijuana journey.