Weed brownies are probably the most common edibles. Ask anyone how they have had pot, and most of them will mention brownies. All the sweetness of brownies and benefits of weed rolled into one delicious brown square of heaven. Who wouldn’t want a taste of that?
Well, making weed brownies is not as simple as throwing ingredients in and baking, only to cut them up in pieces. It is a delicate and meticulous process that needs some important yet often forgotten steps. But do not worry, we have got you covered.
Get your medical marijuana card and avail all the benefits of marijuana edibles by clicking the button below!
But before you get in the kitchen, heating the oven and stuff, let’s learn a little about marijuana:
1. Marijuana Used for Baking
Just like some people prefer vaping their cannabis, others like them in their food or pastries. That is why you will find some patients tossing in the weed into their cookies, brownies, or butter. Most importantly, remember that you need to have a medical marijuana card to bake using marijuana.
Back to the point, when baking with marijuana, you can use it in 2 forms, whether it is infused in the butter or marijuana itself. And if you are not a fan of the processed or pre-made edibles, you can always make yours.
Before using marijuana in its raw form, it undergoes a process referred to as decarboxylation.
2. What Is Decarboxylation?
To understand this, you need to start from the farm. When growing marijuana, the chemical compounds in the plant develop in their inactive forms. These do not affect you. To activate these chemicals means you get to enjoy all the benefits and favorable effects associated with weed.
Decarboxylation is the process of activating these compounds. The activation process happens in the presence of heat at a specific temperature. And while this might be the best way to make marijuana fit for your digestive track, you also end up losing some valuable terpenes and aromatics.
To avoid significant loss, you should pick your method of decarboxylation carefully.
Below is a simple decarboxylation process:
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place some parchment paper on the sides of the oven-safe dish.
- Crush the buds of your weed flower into small pieces and place them on the dish—place them such that they form a single layer
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until it turns brown and becomes crumbly
- Cool it for some time before crumbling—use your hand to do this
- Return the more refined-dry weed into the dish, and cover up with aluminum foil
- For higher THC, bake for 45-60 minutes, and for higher CBD, bake for 75-90 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cool before using.
You can always buy treated marijuana at your local dispensary.
3. Marijuana Brownie Recipe
Imagine the feeling of brownies melting in your mouth. The iconic combination of cannabis-infused butter and dark chocolate, all making you experience the best life has to offer. Bet you are already drooling, so let’s get started on making the best marijuana brownies.
For 24 servings:
When making the mixture, you are going to need:
- A mixing bowl
- A stainless steel cake pan or oven dish
- A metal wire rack
The process involves two parts: making the cannabis-infused butter and the other preparing the actual brownies.
For the cannabutter
You will need:
- 10 grams of cannabis
- 10 ounces or 212 sticks of unsalted butter
- 4 cups of water
For the Brownies
To make the best marijuana recipes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces or one stick of unsalted butter
- ¾ cups of granulated sugar
- Four large eggs
- ¼ cup of cannabutter
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate—should be chopped
- ¾ cups of baking flour
- One teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extracts
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
Directions to make marijuana brownies:
For the cannabutter:
- The process begins with decarboxylation.
- Once you get your final product and cool it down, grind it with your hands or use a food processor. Make sure you obtain a coarse filing going on.
- Next, place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. In it, put the 10 ounces of butter, water, and your 10 grams of weed and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture boils, lower the heat to low and continue simmering for about three hours. During this process, the cannabis infuses the butter. Perhaps most importantly, make sure that the water in the saucepan does not dry to avoid burning. Keep at least one inch of water at all times.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and cool down for half an hour.
- Using a cheesecloth, strain the butter. Use of a fine-mesh piece of clothing can also work in place of a cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate the liquid strained from the butter for about 45 minutes. This way, you do not lose any of your precious marijuana-infused butter.
- For the chunk of butter you have, pat it dry with a kitchen paper towel, shape it and refrigerate it until it’s time to use it.
Get your medical marijuana card by clicking the button below!
For the Marijuana Brownies
The best marijuana brownie recipe follows the steps listed below:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Then, place your baking rack at the center of the oven.
- Get a 9-13 inch baking pan and spray in some oil or dab with some butter.
- Over low heat, place a medium-sized saucepan and put in your stick of butter, some cannabutter, and dark chocolate. Stir until the mixture melts
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and sea salt and continue stirring.
- Remove the heat and let the chocolate continue melting from the heat contained in the heavy-bottomed pan, then let the mixture cool down.
- In your mixing bowl, crack the large eggs and whisk till foamy while adding the vanilla extract.
- Once the chocolate mixture cools down, add the egg mixture to the bowl and whisk. Using a hot mix tends to scramble your eggs, leading to some serious chunks in your brownies.
- As you continue to whisk the mixture, gradually add the flour until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan—the one you sprayed in some oil—and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes before taking them out of the oven to cool. Take your brownies out of the oven when the top starts looking glossy or cracks.
- Cut whole into pieces, and serve. Be keen to mark that the brownies contain marijuana.
4. How Do You Store Medical Marijuana Brownies?
For some reason, brownies taste better the next day. Maybe it’s because they are completely cooled down. So, to keep them for another serving, make sure you wrap your brownies tightly and store them in the fridge. You can either refrigerate them for a week or freeze them for up to 3 months, but who wants frozen marijuana brownies?
On the other hand, the cannabutter can last up to a year once you wrap it nicely and place it in your freezer.
Get your medical marijuana card by clicking the button below!
Marijuana brownies are enjoyable to make, delicious to eat, and good for your health if you take them on a medical basis. So, what is there not to enjoy about making a batch of pot brownies?
The most important thing to keep in mind is that too much weed can bring about undesired effects. Make sure you use favorable amounts and do not go overboard with marijuana. And if you are new to the arena, do not take up too much cannabis.
Eat one square and give it time to be absorbed into the body before you take another one.
As mentioned earlier, the only way to make medical marijuana brownies legally is to have a medical marijuana card issued by your state. At MMJ Doctors, we help you get your card in the fastest and most convenient way possible. Contact us and get help with your MMJ card today.
To book your appointment, click the banner.