2020 Guide to Medical Marijuana in California
2020 is going to be a turning point for Marijuana supporters for the following reasons:
- With the passing of The Dennis Peron and Brownie Mary Compassionate Care Act, cannabis would also be accessible to patients who have a hard time affording it. The affordability will be increased with the exclusion of the cultivation tax.
- The state and governor have passed Assembly Bill 37. It will help to bring Tax equity to the cannabis business, just like any other Californian business.
- In 2020, you can visit one of mmj doctor’s one of the locations in San Francisco and San Jose, or by using a Telehealth compliant system, you can become a medical marijuana cardholder in minutes.
If you wish to get the best discounts in the market – click the button below to apply for your medical marijuana card today!
How can I become a Medical Marijuana Patient in California?
To become a qualified MMJ patient in California:
- You need a state-issued identity card.
- You may obtain the card if you are 18 and above.
- You will need a state-licensed cannabis doctor to issue a recommendation.
What must be included in an MMJ Recommendation Letter?
- An MMJ recommendation letter must include the following
- Doctor’s signature.
- The date the statement was written (date of evaluation).
- Doctor`s medical marijuana card verification information (website and/or phone number to verify your cannabis card).
- The date of expiration your medical marijuana card – usually for one year.
The medical marijuana recommendation letter may include a reason for treatment, the dosage, and guidelines of use.
Medical marijuana doctors often have systems in place that make it very easy for cannabis dispensaries or medical marijuana clubs to contact them for verification of the physician’s MMJ statement. Here at mmj doctor, we are available 24/7 for verification via our website or phone number.
Book your appointment with our credible doctors today.
Will an MMJ I.D. card benefit me?
Having an MMJ card can benefit you in the following ways:
- The state guard protects your privacy.
- Patients with a state I.D. card are exempt from sales tax in dispensaries under the new state law (AUMA).
- You can avail discounts at medical marijuana dispensaries if you have a state-issued MMJ card.
Does Medical Marijuana really help?
Over the past 40 years, researchers have found out how the bioactive molecules of Cannabis work. Cannabinoids are the main bioactive molecules of Cannabis that work to moderate brain and body nerve receptors and in effect relief for different conditions such as:
- pain – analgesic
- neurological disorders – sedative, balancing
- immune system – infection – antibiotic
What are the Important Components of Marijuana that make it Medically Beneficial?
Medical Marijuana contains such medical components as:
The combination of the Cannabinoids or profile of THC, CBD, essential oils, and other components give different strains their properties of bouquet, taste, and effect. People that do not enjoy a cannabis “high” would be advised to seek out a strain that is balanced, with lower THC and higher CBD.
Getting the right quality of marijuana is essential to your treatment. State-licensed dispensaries have the best medical benefits. You can get those readily if you own an MMJ card.
Click the button below to get your medical marijuana card today.
What are Common Medical Marijuana Strains?
Indica and Sativa are the two main types of Cannabis. Crossbreeding of the Sativa and Indica has led to a wide variety of hybrid strains that provide unique characteristics.
Though strain genetics vary enormously, Indica and Sativa plants are generally distinct in a number of ways. Differences are from the plant’s expression of DNA, which codes the proteins that manufacture Cannabinoids such as THC and CBD.
What are the different ways to consume cannabis?
There are four ways to consume medical marijuana:
- Hand pipes: Pipes are the most common smoking device. They are simple, portable, and easy to use. Hand pipes trap the smoke produced from burning Marijuana, which is then inhaled.
- Water pipes: Water pipes include many variations of bongs and bubblers. The burning Cannabis is pulled through the water, which removes some water compounds, and the active ingredients are inhaled by the user.
- Rolling paper or joints: Cannabis is rolled in a paper made of hemp, bamboo, and rice.
- Vaporization: Vaporizers are now a popular choice for health-conscious marijuana patients. A Vaporizer steadily heats the weed to a temperature that is high enough to extract THC, CBD, and other Cannabinoids, but low enough to prevent the release of some potentially toxic compounds. Vaporization significantly reduces odor, which makes for more convenient and inert social interaction.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are usually an alcohol extract of Cannabis that concentrates the active ingredients. Three or four drops of the tincture are placed under the tongue, where the active ingredients immediately go into the bloodstream. If swallowed, tinctures are immediately absorbed by an empty stomach and are soon processed in the liver, resulting in a more erratic overall absorption.
- Cannabis Oil Capsules: Cannabis oils can either be swallowed directly or be taken in capsule form.
- Cannabis-infused-edibles: Edibles are defined as any food that contains Cannabis. Normally edibles are baked so that THC is “activated” and becomes psychoactive. Compared to inhalation, edibles are longer-lasting and tend to cause powerful full-body, psychoactive effects. Edibles are often infused into foods with high-fat content, such as butter or cooking oil. The reason is that the active ingredients are fat-soluble and help deliver the medication to the system.
- Spray: The area of medical attention is sprayed with marijuana medicine.
- Creams: Cream is spread on the affected area, as slow absorption allows for more efficient healing.
- Patches: Marijuana patches work much in the same way as nicotine patches do.
- Dissolvable Strips: A convenient and discreet method of consumption, especially in a business setting.
- Direct Oil Application: A procedure done by a syringe, preferably at home or at a medical setup.
- Medicated Lozenges: Much like oil capsules, they are held under the tongue to be absorbed.
State certified Medical Marijuana dispensaries offer discounts on all types of the above forms of marijuana medication. If you have an MMJ card, you may be liable to receive discounts on your medical marijuana.
Click the button below to get your MMJ card today!