Autism is a brain development disorder linked to impaired social interaction and communication, or else, curtailed and repetitive behavior. The first signs always manifest in the first three years of a child. Over the years, there has been no known medication for autism, except for the advice that early treatment and medication could make the condition manageable.
However, research has shown a positive Marijuana medical impact on autism. Let’s see how the two relate.
Get unlimited Medical Cannabis benefits by clicking the button below!
Some Facts About Autism
The autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a condition related to brain development that affects how a person perceives and socializes with others. It causes problems in communication and social interaction between those affected and others.
The condition is referred to as a spectrum due to the wide range of symptoms and severity variances among patients. ASD includes previously considered distinct conditions, including Asperger’s Syndrome, autism, childhood disintegrative disorder, and other unspecified forms of permeating development disorder.
The exact causes of this disorder are not yet established. But research relates it to the following cases.
- Genetics – The genetic interaction of autism is considerably complex. Grey areas exist when explaining whether ASD is largely caused by multi-gene interactions or due to rare mutations. However, doctors believe that autism has a strong genetic basis.
- Congenital disabilities – In few instances, autism is sometimes firmly linked with agents that trigger congenital disabilities.
- Vaccinations – research relating to autism to childhood vaccines is still very debatable. As of now, there is no scientific evidence relating the condition to vaccines.
- Gender – The ratio of autistic children concerning gender shows that boys are four times at risk of infection than girls.
- Age of Parents – Research shows that children born to older parents are at more risk of suffering the autism spectrum disorder.
The prevalence of ASD is about 6/1,000 people. Autism affects many parts of the brain; but how this occurs is still not well understood by the medical community.
Cure Autism through Medical Cannabis by clicking the button below!
Symptoms & Side Effects of Autism
The subject’s struggling with autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) tend to exhibit repetitive behaviors, have issues with social interactions, and may encounter problems with their communication. Signs and intensity of ASD symptoms vary from one individual to another. And your autistic child may manifest symptoms differently from others. Some of the signs to look out for include:
One primary symptom of ASD is tending to engage in a limited range of activities and uncommon repetitive behaviors. It’s familiar to:
- Rocking back and forth
- Sorting and rearranging items
- Repeating some phrases or sounds
In a new environment, a subject may feel considerably stressed and may thereby display signs of outbursts. Individuals may also develop unusual obsessions and interests. Often, the interests tend to have a bias on science, numbers, memorization of dates, or symbols.
Developing babies are typically social beings. On the flip side, children struggling with autism have social difficulties. Over time, you may notice that your child:
- Doesn’t respond to his/her name
- Is disinterested in others, and,
- Has delayed speech.
As the child grows older, they may encounter challenges playing social games—preferring to remain isolated. You may also notice that your child doesn’t respond to your displays of affection or anger.
Built-up frustration may result in self-harm or injury by engaging in:
Communication Difficulties Linked With Autism
Some of the communication issues to watch for include:
- Repeating what others say
- Stating the same words repetitively
- Mildly impacted subjects may amass vocabularies and relish monologues about favorite subjects
- Inability to grasp expressions or sarcasm
- Inability to distinguish between tone of voice or body language
Medical Cannabis for Autism
So far, the U.S Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) has authorized the use of only one cannabis-derived drug: Epidiolex. This liquid cannabis extract constitutes of purified CBD beneficial in reducing seizures in subjects struggling with Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome — these are some of the epilepsy classifications that often accompany autism.
It’s also widely used by those struggling with tuberous sclerosis complex. However, Epidiolex is only available through prescription, and you can only use it for the three conditions.
Make life free from Autism and other mental issues with Medical Cannabis treatment – click the button below!
What types of Marijuana Strains can be used for Autism?
Marijuana strains high in CBD and low in THC are considered safe and can be used for medicinal purposes. Some of the strains you can use for autism include:
- Afghani – Useful in relieving anxiety, depression, and aggression in autistic patients
- Blue dream – A good pain suppressant and reliever of discomfort
- Charlotte’s web – It helps curb autism-related aggression
- Green crack – Appreciated for increasing concentration
Obtaining Medical Cannabis for Autism
Today, many people are turning to cannabis-based medication to address autism. Medical marijuana is beneficial in the management of autism because it doesn’t come with traditional medication’s adverse side effects.
Are you in search of a solution for autistic symptoms and challenges and need to the next step? MMJdoctor can help you find a marijuana-friendly physician plus link you to a dispensary near you.
Schedule an appointment with our certified marijuana physician today!