User Guide to Medical Cannabis Laws in California.
What new to state law? Do I need a medical Marijuana Card in California? Can I get recreational pot ?
Proposition 64 allowed 21 y.o. adults to use and possess cannabis for recreational purposes. The measure ruled two new taxes, one is on cultivation and the other on retail price. Revenue from the marijuana taxes will be spent on treatment, drug research, and enforcement, schools, preventing environmental damage from illegal cannabis grow, health and safety grants addressing weed.
The Medical Marijuana Program Act – Bill 420
Bill 420 allows Californian patients to purchase, possess, use or grow Medical Cannabis for compassionate use, provided they have a medical marijuana recommendation from a state licensed 420 physician .
Medical Marijuana refers to the use of Cannabis or its bioactive cannabinoids as a medication to treat different disease or a lot of symptoms. Advocates believe that Marijuana can improve appetite in people with HIV/AIDS, reduce nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy, and treat chronic pain and muscle spasms among other symptoms.
420 Bill was passed in 1996 in adherence to the 10th Amendment in the Constitution. This 420 bill established the medical marijuana guidelines and regulations for the Medical Marijuana program in California.
Medical Marijuana highlights of 420 Bill:
- SERIOUSLY ILL PATIENTS may cultivate, possess and use if treatment is recommended by a licensed 420 MD
- PRIMARY CAREGIVERS may possess or cultivate Medical Marijuana for use by their 420 patient
- PHYSICIANS are protected from any criminal or civil liability for recommending or approving Medical Marijuana to their patients
ONLINE MMJDOCTOR: 420 Medical Evaluations are done by California State Licensed Physicians in-person or online. This user-friendly 420-evaluation process is typically completed entirely online or in one of our two locations in San Francisco and San Jose.
Medical Cannabis may be used with a vaporizer, using extracts, smoking, edibles, using oral sprays or taking capsules. Dronabinol (Synthetic cannabinoids) and nabilone are also allowed by recommendation from a licensed medical marijuana 420 MD.
Proposition 215 – Compassionate Use of Medical Marijuana
Proposition 215, Section 11362.5 of the California Health & Safety Code, exempts 420 mmj patients and specified caregivers that possess or cultivate Marijuana recommended by a state licensed 420 physician against any criminal charges. Licensed Physicians that recommend medical marijuana cannot be punished or denied any right or privilege. However, physicians are prohibited from recommending it for non-medical Medical Marijuana use.
The Department of Justice ruled that qualified mmj patients and designated caregivers may possess 8 ounces of dried Cannabis provided that they have been issued a state Medical Marijuana Identification Card. MMP Card holders are also allowed to grow up to 6 mature or 12 immature Pot plants. Further, the state goes on to rule that counties and cities may adjust regulations, allowing approved medical marijuana patients to grow/cultivate more medical marijuana plants.
Under Prop. 215, Medical Cannabis is prohibited within 1000 feet of public place like schools or kindergardens, while operating or driving by any of transport. An employer may fire any employee any time if tested positive for MMJ.
Smart or Stupid – The Name of Bill 420 -?
According to folklore, in 1971, a funny group from San Rafael called the Waldos scheduled their regular Cannabis meeting place at the campus’ statue of Dr. Louis Pasteur at 4:20 p.m. The Waldos’ catchphrase of 420 Louis caught on and it soon became a cool codeword for Pot-smoking in general.
High Times writer Steven Hager wrote, “Stoner Smart or Stoner Stupid?”, stated that 4:20 p.m. as the intelligent and socially acceptable time to start Pot consumption. Later, the 420 term was linked to the Grateful Dead, with their followers being credited with popularizing the term world-wide.
In North America, April 20 became a multiculture holiday celebrating the joys of Pot consumption. Some Weed Day events have strong political meaning and have become a starting point to advocate legalization of cannabis in USA. Today, through these meetups, pro-Marijuana groups have presented considerable power, influencing both universities, community and local government.
MMP – California Medical Marijuana Program
The California Department of Public Health’s Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) provides a State-issued Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) and maintains a confidential, HIPPO compliant database of qualified medical marijuana patients and designated caregivers. It is voluntary to participate and only authorized authorities can verify the validity of MMIC Cards online.
Our 420 Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center provides patients with high quality Medical Marijuana photo ID Cards and Medical Marijuana recommendation letters. This patient friendly process is completed online or in our Mmj Doctor Locations.
County, State & Federal – Medical Marijuana Law
California has 482 cities and 58 counties, each has power to govern local Medical Marijuana industries. Medical Marijuana patients should become familiar with County medical marijuana regulations, especially when growing or possessing larger amounts of Medical Cannabis. Differences in county regulations can be significant. While one county can allow patients to possess several pounds medical pot, while another can have a zero tolerance policy.
There is serious discussion by most of the 2016 Presidential candidates to either legalize Medical Marijuana or leave the issue entirely within the jurisdiction of the individual states.
Summary – Medical Marijuana 420 Bill
- Once a patient qualifies, a Medical Marijuana Patient Recommendation Letter and ID card are issued.
- MMJ Identification Card and the recommendation letter allows patients to purchase Medical Marijuana from any medical marijuana dispensary in the state.
- Any adult can become a legal Medical Marijuana patient in California and get a medical marijuana recommendation from a licensed 420 physician to treat any medical conditions where cannabis can help.
- All medical marijuana patient information is 100% confidential and cannot be shared with 3rd parities without patient consent.
- A medical marijuana recommendation letter legally allow you to grow, possess, consume, and transport medical Cannabis as a medicine in the state of California. Note that some county regulations are different from that of the state.
- You can be fired if your employer finds out you smoking pot, despite having a valid Medical Marijuana Card and recommendation letter from a licensed medical marijuana doctors.
- Medical Marijuana is not covered by any health insurance company, so you need cash to get your medical marijuana card or medications.
For more information about Medical Marijuana and mmj 420 Recommendations, 420 Evaluations and MMJ id Cards, contact one of our Licensed California Cannabis Doctors here.
Or apply 100% online at www.online.mmjdoctor.com