Benefits of Having Your MMJ Card in 2018
While recreational marijuana may now be legal in California, there are still benefits to having a medical marijuana card. Those who are aged 18 or older are allowed to purchase and consume medical marijuana with their MMJ card, as opposed to the 21 or older law for recreational.
There is a good peace of mind with keeping an MMJ card, as it ensures you are allowed to continue purchasing and consuming marijuana products legally as someone with a medical condition. As an MMJ user, you also do not have the usual limits inflicted on recreational users, you also have lower prices on products, whereas recreational marijuana can be up to 20% more expensive.
Do I still need a weed card in California in 2019?
- Do you need a medical card to buy from a dispensary in California 2019?
- How to get a medical marijuana card in California 2019?
- Do I need a Medical Marijuana Card at all in California in 2019?
The answer is no, BUT а medical marijuana card still has some benefits in 2019.
In California while recreational cannabis is all the rage after January 1, 2018, the California. Medical marijuana laws under California’s “Compassionate Use” Act still provide some benefits. Including:
- Patients with valid medical marijuana ID cards are exempt from paying state sales and use tax applicable to recreational marijuana sales.
- Medical marijuana patients can, with a doctor’s recommendation, possess and grow as much marijuana as is consistent with their reasonable needs. Recreational marijuana use has strict quantity limits (possession of not more than one ounce of marijuana or 8 grams of concentrate; cultivation of not more than 6 plants). However, there is a limit set by Senate Bill 420 (Cal. H&S Code 11362.77) of 8 ounces of dried marijuana and 6 mature or 12 immature plants, unless the physician issued recommendation specifies more than the minimum amounts set forth in SB 420. Leaves and stems of the marijuana plants are not
counted towards the dry weight limit of 8 ounces. Only the dried mature processed flowers of female cannabis plants or the plant conversion shall be considered when determining
allowable quantities of marijuana under this section.
- Medical tinctures, capsules and topicals can contain up to 2,000 mg of THC per package, twice as much as similar products for recreational use.
- Patients under age 21 can use medical marijuana with a doctor’s recommendation (and parent’s consent if under 18). (You must be 21 and older for Recreational marijuana use.)