Accepted documents as ID for MMJ Card in Florida

So you are looking for an opportunity to consume medical cannabis legally? With MMJ Doctor, it is easy to find the most optimal mmj solution for your health condition. By managing everything correctly, you will promptly receive your mmj card. To evaluate your health in accordance with the law, our licensed practitioners need one of the following documents as your ID:

Documents for Florida medical marijuana card

  • Valid Florida State ID Card or Florida Driver’s License ID number.
  • Valid Passport or Out of State ID with proof of Florida residency (utility bill, lease, car or voter registration)
  • Valid Passport or Out of State ID with temporary DMV form
  • Expired Florida ID with temporary DMV form
  • Valid Government-issued ID
  • Valid Resident Card for Florida
  • Temporary DMV form with any photo ID
  • Military Card with proof of residency
Non-residents applying for a marijuana card online or in-person please call us (305)776-2898

To schedule your online in-person appointment with a licensed Medical Marijuana Doctor, click here.

Birth Certificates are not accepted.

ONLY Florida residents can become a medical marijuana patient in Florida.


  • Patients must be Florida residents with a valid Florida ID as proof of residency. If you do not have a Florida ID, an out of state ID, passport, or other photo ID with proof of residency — bank statement, utility bill, or rental agreement — is acceptable
  • Patients are advised (but not required) to obtain legitimate medical records or documentation from their primary care physician that describes their diagnosis and bring  them to the medical marijuana evaluation appointment.
  • Talk to our licensed Medical Marijuana Doctors by scheduling an appointment online here.
  • Once you have obtained a written medical marijuana recommendation from a Florida licensed MMJ Doctor, you can register with the Florida Department of Public Health, Public Health Policy and Research Branch, and Medical Marijuana Program Unit as stated under Prop 64 to help you to avoid some taxes.