When the word cannabis is mentioned, people think of CBD and THC but are not aware of their precursor forms. These precursor forms are known as CBDA and THCA, and recent research shows that they may have medicinal properties. People with the following conditions should start eating raw cannabis;
- Crohn’s disease
- Excessive vomiting
Click the button below to get your medical marijuana today!
Consuming raw cannabis- How it is done
The best way to consume raw cannabis is by juicing. Traditional methods such as vaping or smoking are not appropriate because the raw cannabis might breakdown and convert to THC and CBD. Juicing is the best way to consume raw cannabis because of several reasons:
- Juicing allows you to take relatively higher doses of marijuana.
- Juicing allows easier absorption of marijuana into the body.
- You can enjoy the raw marijuana treatment juice with your family without the risk of getting high.
- The juice’s alkalinity neutralizes raw marijuana’s acidity.
CBDA and THCA absorb quickly in fruit juices and can blend with any juice that you love. Everyone reacts differently to marijuana, and it is up to you to find out how the juicing method works for you.
How do THCA and CBDA convert to THC and CBD?
The conversion of raw cannabis to THC and CBD happens through a process known as thermal decarboxylation. Thermal decarboxylation is a process in which heating breaks carboxylic acid bonds of the THCA and CBDA. Once they are broken, the raw cannabis converts to THC and CBD.
Thermal decarboxylation may happen instantly when you actively heat raw cannabis or gradually when the raw cannabis is left at room temperature for a long time. As you can infer from the above, heat does not go hand in hand with raw cannabis, and that’s why you should avoid smoking or vaping raw cannabis.
Click the button below to get your MMJ card today!
What are the benefits of consuming raw cannabis?
There is little awareness about raw cannabis because scientists initially thought that when raw cannabis is absorbed in the body, it becomes inert and does not benefit the body. However, recent research has proven otherwise, and raw cannabis can potentially have specific therapeutic benefits to people consuming it.
In a study involving experiments on humans and animals, the researchers established that THCA and CBDA interact with enzymes and receptor sites. The endocannabinoids, responsible for controlling; how you feel, your appetite, immunity, and other body functions, regulate these enzymes and receptor sites.
By establishing the relationship between raw cannabis and the endocannabinoid system, researchers suggest that raw marijuana controls the immune system, circulatory system, and sugar metabolism. By doing this, marijuana helps with nausea, anxiety, diabetes, and Crohn’s disease.
What are the critical facts of raw cannabis?
The research concerning raw cannabis is not conclusive. However, researchers have provided some insights on how it works, the disease it treats, and other details concerning THCA and CBDA. Some of these insights include;
- The human body cannot convert THCA to THC- THCA is non-psychoactive, while THC is psychoactive. Since the body cannot convert THCA to THC, consuming THCA cannot cause an ‘entourage’ effect (feeling high).
- Smoking, vaping, and cooking converts THCA to THC- Smoking converts 30% of THCA to THC while vaping or cooking THCA converts 80% of THCA to THC.
- Benefits- Therefore, avoid smoking, vaping, or cooking THCA if you require the benefits of raw cannabis.
- You should store raw cannabis in a cool and dark place- The environment helps maintain the unique raw cannabis’ characteristics. Warm temperatures may cause the THCA and CBDA to degrade after some time.
- CBD and THC cold extracts are easy to absorb in the body- Research shows that CBD and THC in cold extracts are more readily absorbed and last longer than smoked CBD and THC.
- THC reacts with CB1 cannabinoid receptors, while THCA interacts with receptors- Both THC and THCA offer the same therapeutic benefits but in different ways. Experiments imply that THCA reacts with the serotonin receptors, instead of the CB1 receptors, because of the carboxylic molecule (COOH).
- Pain Reliever- Experiments have shown that raw cannabis can bind inflammation and pain, using the same mechanism that drugs such as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen use.
Get the benefits of Medical Cannabis edibles by clicking the button below!
We can infer from these facts that consuming raw marijuana might be the way to go. It is up to you to try and evaluate whether raw marijuana is effective in alleviating your symptoms. Juicing is what we recommend for consuming raw marijuana; you get from the consumption method because of the numerous advantages you get. Remember that it is always advisable to consult a doctor to find the right dose for you and get appropriate directions.
At MMJ doctor, we are here to help you learn more about raw cannabis and any other details concerning marijuana. We have qualified medical practitioners who will guide you on consuming marijuana, and we can also help you obtain a medical marijuana card.
Contact us now to Book your MMJ Card!